Sunday, February 3, 2008

Kevin Rudd Announces 2020 Summit

The Hon. Kevin Rudd MP
Prime Minister of Australia

Dear Prime Minister

Thank you for deciding to conduct a 2020 Summit. The only person afraid of sharing an idea or asking for them is the person who never has one!

I expect your official MySpace page will soon be updated, so I will wait until it has before I share your URL.

As blogs are essentially 1 on 1 with the reader, let me share a quick piece of trivia. A decade ago I created a free email service called Kmail! It was to be Australia's alternative to Hotmail, yet also the bubble burst. So I'm tickled pink( royal blue?) that the name Kmail has been resurrected.

If I was to offer just one idea for you and your colleagues, it's this...

Let's ask the USA to help end starvation BEFORE 2020! 25,000 people will starve to death today. So why not feed just 12 more people a day and end starvation in 5.7 years? It's cheap too - but more later...

America will have a new president and the world will have a new opportunity. Kennedy said let's send a man to the moon and it happened...

So if the world focussed a little more on the war on starvation rather than the war on terror, the world will come to respect Australia, Britain and the USA once again.

Yours respectfully,
Jonathan Crabtree

http://waronstarvation.blogspot.com/

No comments: